Alternative wedding is what we are about at Ottavo Nuccio UK. We have posted some of our favourite Boho wedding pictures to get you thinking.
Some of you are already married but be sure to pass this on to any fellows who are thinking about popping the big question.
- Choose a favorite place — whether it’s a fountain, hotel rooftop, monument or national park — that has personal significance to the two of you. Once you’re there, ask someone nearby to take a picture of you together, and instead of posing, drop down on one knee.
- Have a choir, brass band or drum line show up for a surprise performance of your fiance-to-be’s favorite love song in a park or public location for your proposal. For a really personal touch, ask the performers if they can incorporate your fiance’s name into the lyrics.
- Get in touch with the stage manager of your favorite production and propose after the cast’s curtain call. Call ahead and see if you can have a special note or ad placement added into the playbill, so you have a keepsake of the proposal.
- Arrange a surprise proposal with a street caricaturist. Have the caricaturist sketch a picture of you two with word bubbles that say, “Will you marry me?” and “Yes!”
- Ask the divers at an aquarium to put on a proposal show inside their biggest fish tank. Give them a (waterproof) sign that says, “Will you marry me?” to hold up against the glass and then position yourselves for what will, at first, seem like feeding time.
Anniversary or birthday coming up? Treat her and make her feel like the most special girl in the world. Some of these gifts are slightly peculiar but we promise here at Ottavio Nuccio Gala UK that she will love them.
- Thoughtful photo album
Put together some old snaps and make her remember all the good times you have shared.
- Anything on pinterest
Pinterest is everything, if you are looking for unique gifts go on there and find something for her.
- Concerts together
Is Beyoncé in town? BOOK THE TICKETS NOW. Well, even if Beyoncé isn’t in town, get out the house and go to a performance.
Etsy is where you kind beautiful unique handcrafted gifts. Marketing Director Sanaz Bahador bought lots for her wedding on Etsy and would really recommend it.
- Mix cd
Sounds old school, but nothing is better than a mixed cd of all your shared loved tunes. It will get her thinking about the good times.
- Fashionable gloves
Meh, sounds weird but gloves are so in style these days. Get her a pair that she can wear whilst driving so she can feel like the classiest lady in the world.
It is not cheap, it is a surprise. Groupon do an array of surprise trips for under £300 for two people – GO!
- Surprise visit
If she lives in another city or is working abroad, go and visit her. She will love it.
- A kitten, or any other cute pet
Be sure she likes animals before you go and buy her one, because it will be pretty awkward if she hates cats.
- Amazon list
The amazon list, every woman – actually no – everyone has an amazon list. Ask her for her account details pretending you want to buy something and buy all the things for her that are on her wish list. Remember to check out with your card though.
How many times can you go out to dinner and a movie? Not that there’s anything wrong with the quintessential date standard, but it gets boring after a while. Especially if you’ve been in a relationship for any length of time, you’re probably running out of date ideas. You are still going on dates, right. Even long-term relationships need to go on a date occasionally.
So, for those of you who feel stuck in the “dating rut” here are some ideas to get you thinking.
- Do a restaurant tour – Pick an area with a bunch of restaurants. Start with cocktails and appetizers at a restaurant with a bar or lounge, head somewhere different for the main course and finish up someplace else with fabulous desserts.
- Look for treasure – Browse antique stores and flea markets. You don’t have to buy; just looking is fun.
- Movies with a twist – Instead of haggling over drama vs. action and settling on a comedy flick to keep the peace, why not leave it up to chance. Close your eyes and pick. Whatever it is, both have to agree to honor the choice or it’s not fun.
- Explore the nearest state park – Pack a picnic. Go for a hike or hit a nature trail.
- Rent bikes – Go on a biking tour of your area. There are often organized bike tours or routes already mapped out for you.
- Rent a boat for the afternoon – If a sailboat is not your thing, rent a rowboat, paddle-boat, or kayak.
- Attend a festival in a neighboring city.
- Broaden your dinner horizons – Choose a new restaurant, someplace neither of you have ever tried. Bonus points if it’s a different ethnic cuisine than you normally eat.
- Do some stargazing – Get a book on constellations, aim your telescope at the stars see how many you can pick out. Prefer a more professional venue? Visit a planetarium.
- Ghost tour – If you’re into the supernatural craze that’s storming our country, go on a ghost tour. Many towns now have “haunted houses” open for guided tours
- Mini Golf – Old-fashioned fun, friendly competition and inexpensive, what’s not to love.
- Cooking night – Make your favorite dishes together. Dinner Cruise – Whether you live by the ocean or near a lake, you can easily find dinner cruises. Brunch or moonlight cruises are also another good option.
- Have an indoor picnic – Serve dinner on a picnic blanket laid out in the living room. Open a bottle of wine with some favorite finger foods. An indoor picnic can be even more fun and romantic than a traditional outdoor one. It’s quieter and no interruptions!
- Visit a museum – Nearly everyone has a museum or several within driving distance. Plan an afternoon wandering around the exhibits. If art isn’t your thing, try a history, sport, or cultural museum.
- Learn a new activity together – Take a dance or photography class or learn how to play shuffleboard.
- Go to the theater – The Theater is a date favorite. It’s a little classier than a movie and you get to dress up and soak in some culture.
- Art gallery – A trip to the local art gallery is a wonderful date idea.
- Try new cuisine – Check out a new ethnic cuisine — something neither of you have tried before. The element of adventure will add some excitement to your date, and, who knows, maybe the two of you will find a new favorite.
- Be tourists for the day – Go sightseeing around your city. Stop inside places you often pass but never go into.