1. You’ll have a big zit on your chin the day he proposes.
LOL, just joking, Lets get to the serious stuff.
2. You won’t be able to stop staring at your hand.
You have this amazing new piece of jewelry on your finger. That alone, plus the once-in-a-lifetime significance of the symbol, is enough to make you want to stare compulsively at your ring finger.
3. You’ll have to tell your proposal story a million times.
As soon as you get engaged, one of the first questions people will ask is how he proposed. Get used to it.
4. People will ask you about a wedding date and location before you’ve even had a chance to think about it.
You know how it goes: Everyone is excited. Start your checklist, your family and friends are already asking for details.
5. Not everyone will be happy…
There’s usually at least one person who may come off as less supportive or elated as the rest of your friends and family.
6. …But your best friends will be there for you.
You’ll know the people you can count on. They’re the ones who post five-exclamation-point messages to your Facebook wall the minute you announce your engagement, take you out for drinks the day after you get engaged to celebrate and tell you they’re ready to help you with whatever you need.
7. Recently married friends will suddenly become wedding planning experts and give you (oftentimes unsolicited) advice.
There are plenty of reasons this happens. Some friends may be going through the postwedding blues and miss the excitement of planning their own weddings. Others may just think they’re doing you a favor.
8. You’ll watch wedding movies and TV shows differently.
Whether you’ve seen dozens of Say Yes to the Dress episodes or haven’t watched one, you may now find yourself a little (or a lot) more interested in wedding movies and shows.
9. You’ll have a hard time not jumping into wedding planning right away and will find it difficult to just enjoy being engaged.
Sure, you recognize there’s a long road ahead of you and there’s plenty of time to plan a wedding. But after the shock wears off, the next natural step is to start working out wedding plans.
10. Your relationship will feel different (even if you’ve been living together for years).
A marriage proposal is exciting, but it’s also serious. You’ve just agreed to commit to one another— for forever.